Aquasoma® for pregnant women -1, Brussels (BELGIUM) 30/10 – 1/11 2023
AQUASOMA® FOR PREGNANT WOMEN COURSE DESCRIPTION
Aquasoma® during pregnancy
What happens during pregnancy? What specific needs do expectant mothers have and how do we meet them in an aquatic bodywork session?
In this specialization course for Aquasoma® and Watsu during pregnancy you will acquire specific training and learn new techniques to apply in aquatic bodywork with expectant mothers, as well as modifications of other techniques already studied in the Foundation module to specialise more closely with this type of client.
At the end of the course you will be able to plan a safe, effective and comprehensive session for all mothers-to-be, focusing on restoring mobility to the most loaded or tense areas.
Main topics covered in this module
- Guidelines to work with pregnant women
- Differences between Aquasoma® and Aquasoma® for pregnant women.
- Flotation adjustments when working with a pregnant woman.
- Physical and emotional changes during pregnancy. Main and possible difficulties to be faced.
- Skin and touch.
- The effects of water.
- Stress and how Aquasoma® influences it. The polyvagal theory and its application in pregnancy.
- The mandible and its relationship with the pelvis.
- Massage techniques based on Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Specific parts of the body to avoid.
- Body work divided by area.
- In-person training: 20 hours
- Online training and self-directed activities: 15 hours
- Number of credits: 1,75 AECS
Blended learning: face-to-face training, online lessons and self-directed activities
– Aquasoma® Foundation
(Recommended: Aquasoma® Essentials Specialist certification)
Or alternatively one of the following seminars or certifications:
– Watsu 2.
- Jahara® Specialist (JS)
Or alternatively NOTE: if you think you do not meet all the above requirements, please comment on this in your application so that we can point you towards one of the following seminars or certifications:
Note on arrival and departure:We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the course in order to finalise your registration and familiarise yourself with the facility. The daily timetable for the course will be communicated to you on the first day (approximately every day from 9:00am to 6:00pm, with a lunch break).
We need all the hours, so please do your best to arrive on time and plan your return so you don't have to leave before the end of the course.
Recommended clothing: comfortable clothes for land classes.
What to bring:
- 2 swimming costumes, lycra cap, pool slippers, towel/bathrobe, plus shower and skin care products.
- One-litre to one-and-a-half litre plastic or metal water bottle.
- Mineral salts to help rehydration.
– Your training logbook, previous course manuals, notepad and pen.
– Your floats.
a) Cancellation or postponement (*) of your reservation can only be accepted upon written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 6 full weeks before the start of the course.
b ) Cancellation requested via email 6 or more full weeks before the start of the course: the deposit is returned less an administrative fee of €50.
c ) Cancellation requested between 6 and 4 full weeks before the start of the course: the deposit is returned minus €100 as management fee and penalty for late cancellation.
d) Cancellations given less than 4 full weeks before the start of the course do not give the right to any refund of the deposit.
(*) Postponement: If external circumstances prevent you from attending the course you have registered for, please note that your deposit can be transferred free of charge to a later edition of the same course.
In case of cancellation on our part (e.g. if the minimum number of students is not reached), the entire deposit will be reimbursed without further compensation or transferred to the equivalent module of your choice. If the course is postponed, the deposit will be refunded to the students who request it.
For those who come from far away or who do not want to commute, it is possible to spend the night in the classroom, with access to a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, kettle, dishes) and the provision of a floor mattress (futon); there are cushions to sit on but no real pillows. Please bring a sleeping bag or duvet.
The cost is 10 euros per night.
Tea, herbal teas and coffee (French press) are available on site.
Otherwise, there are several BnB options nearby.
Bus 37, 38, 41, 43, 70, 75
Tram 4, 92 (Héros stop)
Tram 51 (Xavier de Bue stop)
Nearest Villo station n. 242 (Maison Communale d'Uccle)
Places are limited to ensure that all participants receive the best personalised attention from the instructor.
Registrations are accepted in order of arrivalEnrolment is only valid on receipt of the deposit (or the full participation fee) and the enrolment form duly completed with all the required personal data. The balance must be paid on the same day as the start of the course in cash. We do not accept credit cards or cheques.
We are unable to accept credit cards or cheques.
- Professional, highly effective -yet fun- instructors' teaching during course hours.
- Educational material (course manual, log-book and Aquasoma® video).
- Fee to use of all class related facilities.
- Certificate of participation issued by the International School of Watsu.
Travel, board and lodging costs (for details, see 'ACCOMMODATION' section).