AQUASOMA® Essential Specialist training
By the end of this module you will be able to use your newly acquired skills with your pre-existing aquatic therapy patients, or give (unpaid) trial sessions of Aquasoma® to friends and acquaintances.
Course format: face-to-face training (~ 2 days), online lessons and homework
Number of credits: 1 AECS
Prerequisites: none, open to everybody
It introduces you to the basic principles and techniques of AQUASOMA®. You will get a taste of the wonders of giving and receiving AQUASOMA® in a safe and stimulating learning environment.
The core of this module focuses on creating the best conditions for the recipient to relax; for this reason the work focuses on the head and trunk.
Main topics covered in this module:
- Basic health and safety training.
- Work on the "core" for stability and dynamic balance.
- The first position.
- Read the body.
- Create the "setting".
- The emptiness that fills the space.
- Connection and contact.
- Working with the "tonic-emotional dialogue".
The first 4 principles of MKS watsu:
Meeting and leading
Safety and comfort
- The ABC's of a session.
- The 5 Points System™.
- Alignment and adjustment of axes and planes.
- Working with water.
- Free your breathing, mobilize your spine.
- integration movements.