Aquasoma® Intro, Brussels (BELGIUM) 6-7/01 2024
AQUASOMA INTRO COURSE DESCRIPTION
INTRO is a two-day intensive workshop to familiarize yourself with the basic principles and techniques of Aquasoma®, in a safe and stimulating learning environment.
The core of this module focuses on creating the best conditions for the recipient to relax; for this reason the work focuses on the head and trunk: you will learn to mobilize the cervical and dorsal spine, to free the breath and to ease tensions on the recipients' backs to offer them an unforgettable experience.
With the expert guidance of Yves Delattre, instructor of the International School of Watsu.
- Basic health and safety training.
- Work on the "core" for stability and dynamic balance.
- The first position
- Body reading
- Creating the "setting"
- The emptiness that fills the space
- Connection and contact
- Working with the “tonic-emotional dialogue”
- The first 4 principles of MKS watsu:
- Meeting and leading
- Safety and comfort
- The ABC's of a session
- The 5 Points System™
- Alignment and adjustment of axes and planes
- Working with the water
- Freeing the breath, mobilizing the spine
- Integration movements
At the end of this module you will be able to use your newly acquired skills with your pre-existing aquatic therapy patients, or give (unpaid) trial sessions of Aquasoma® to friends and acquaintances.
- In-person training: 12 hours
- Online training and self-directed activities: 8 hours
- Number of credits: 1.0 AECS
Blended learning: face-to-face training, online lessons and self-directed activities
Note on arrival and departure:
We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of your course in order to finalize your registration and familiarize yourself with the facility. The daily timetable of the course will be communicated to you on the first day (generally every day from 9:00 to 18:00, with a lunch break).
We need all the hours, so please do your best to arrive on time and plan your return so you don't have to leave before the end of the course.
What to bring:
– Recommended clothing: comfortable clothes for land classes.
– 2 swimsuits, lycra cap, pool slippers, towel/bathrobe, as well as products for the shower and skin care.
– One -one and a half liter plastic or metal bottle of water.
– Mineral salts to help rehydration.
– Notepads and pen.
a) Cancellation or postponement (*) of your reservation can only be accepted upon written request via email to email@example.com at least 6 full weeks before the start of the course.
b ) Cancellation requested via email 6 or more full weeks before the start of the course: the deposit is returned less an administrative fee of €50.
c ) Cancellation requested between 6 and 4 full weeks before the start of the course: the deposit is returned minus 70 € as management fee and penalty for late cancellation.
d) Cancellations given less than 4 full weeks before the start of the course do not give the right to any refund of the deposit.
(*) Postponement: If external circumstances prevent you from attending the course you have registered for, please note that your deposit can be transferred free of charge to a later edition of the same course.
In case of cancellation on our part (e.g. if the minimum number of students is not reached), the entire deposit will be reimbursed without further compensation or transferred to the equivalent module of your choice. If the course is postponed, the deposit will be refunded to the students who request it.
For those who come from far away or who do not want to commute, it is possible to spend the night in the classroom, with access to a kitchenette (fridge, microwave, kettle, dishes) and the provision of a floor mattress (futon); there are cushions to sit on but no real pillows. Please bring a sleeping bag or duvet.
The cost is 10 euros per night. Tea, herbal teas and coffee (French press) are available on site.
Otherwise, there are several BnB options nearby.
Bus 37, 38, 41, 43, 70, 75
Tram 4, 92 (Héros stop)
Tram 51 (Xavier de Bue stop)
Nearest Villo station n. 242 (Maison Communale d'Uccle)
Students repeating the class will take advantage of a 40% reduction on the tuition fee, either the full tuition or the early bird tuition as appropriate.
The places available are limited to guarantee all participants the best personalized attention from the instructor.
Registrations are accepted in order of arrival. Registration is valid only upon receipt of the deposit (or the full participation fee) and the registration form duly completed with all the personal data requested.
The balance must be paid by credit card, PayPal or bank transfer at least one week before the start of the course.
Please send proof of payment (screenshot, bank statement) by email.
- Professional, highly effective -yet fun- instructors' teaching during course hours.
- Educational material (course manual, log-book and Aquasoma® video).
- Fee to use of all class related facilities.
- Certificate of participation issued by the International School of Watsu.
- Travel expenses, food and accommodation (see 'ACCOMMODATION' section for details).