Aquasoma® Intro, Catania (ITALY) 17-18/06 2023
INTRO introduces you to the basic principles and techniques of Aquasoma®. You will get a taste of the wonders of giving and receiving Aquasoma® in a safe and stimulating learning environment.
The core of this module focuses on creating the best conditions for the recipient to relax; for this reason the work focuses on the head and trunk.
- Basic health and safety training.
- Work on the "core" for stability and dynamic balance.
- The first position
- Body reading
- Creating the "setting"
- The emptiness that fills the space
- Connection and contact
- Working with the “tonic-emotional dialogue”
- The first 4 principles of MKS watsu:
- Meeting and leading
- Safety and comfort
- The ABC's of a session
- The 5 Points System™
- Alignment and adjustment of axes and planes
- Working with the water
- Freeing the breath, mobilizing the spine
- Integration movements
At the end of this module you will be able to use your newly acquired skills with your pre-existing aquatic therapy patients, or give (unpaid) trial sessions of Aquasoma® to friends and acquaintances.
- In-person training: 12 hours
- Online training and self-directed activities: 8 hours
- Number of credits: 1.0 AECS
In-person training, online lessons and homework
Note on arrival and departure:
We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of your course in order to finalize your registration and familiarize yourself with the facility. The daily timetable of the course will be communicated to you on the first day (approximately every day from 9:30 to 19:30, with a lunch break).
We need all the hours, so please do your best to arrive on time and plan your return so you don't have to leave before the end of the course.
What to bring:
– Recommended clothing: comfortable clothes for land classes.
– 2 swimsuits, lycra cap, pool slippers, towel/bathrobe, as well as products for the shower and skin care.
– One -one and a half liter plastic or metal bottle of water.
– Mineral salts to help rehydration.
– Notepads and pen.
a) Cancellation or postponement (*) of your reservation can only be accepted upon written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 6 full weeks before the start of the course.
b ) Cancellation requested via email 6 or more full weeks before the start of the course: the deposit is returned less an administrative fee of €50.
c ) Cancellation requested between 6 and 4 full weeks before the start of the course: the deposit is returned minus 70 € as management fee and penalty for late cancellation.
d) Cancellations given less than 4 full weeks before the start of the course do not give the right to any refund of the deposit.
(*) Postponement: If external circumstances prevent you from attending the course you have registered for, please note that your deposit can be transferred free of charge to a later edition of the same course.
In case of cancellation on our part (e.g. if the minimum number of students is not reached), the entire deposit will be reimbursed without further compensation or transferred to the equivalent module of your choice. If the course is postponed, the deposit will be refunded to the students who request it.
the property is located 27 from Catania Fontanarossa International Airport. We recommend following the directions on Google Maps
FROM THE CATANIA AIRPORT (CTA):
Corrado, the owner of the B&B offers a free shuttle service for course participants. Make arrangements directly with him via WhatsApp +393336404953 by communicating your flight number, day and time of arrival.
It is possible to lodge directly at the course venue, the Casa de Venti B&B, in shared double rooms with full board service for 75 Eur per day.
Rooms and bathrooms are shared.
For those who do not stay overnight at the B&B Corrado offers the possibility of lunch or dinner at the facility for 15 Eur per meal.
Free parking is available for the students.
Students repeating the class will take advantage of a 40% reduction on the tuition fee, either the full tuition or the early bird tuition as appropriate.
The places available are limited to guarantee all participants the best personalized attention from the instructor.
Registrations are accepted in order of arrival.. Registration is valid only upon receipt of the deposit (or the full participation fee) and the registration form duly completed with all the personal data requested.
The balance must be paid at the latest on the same day the course starts in cash.
We are unable to accept credit cards or cheques.
- Professional, highly effective -yet fun- instructors' teaching during course hours.
- Educational material (course manual, log-book and Aquasoma® video).
- Fee for use of the facility course site, for those staying at the b&B Casa dei Venti.
- Certificate of participation issued by the International School of Watsu.
- Travel expenses, food and accommodation (see 'ACCOMMODATION' section for details).
- Fee for use of the facility course site (for those not lodging at the Casa dei Venti b&B): 10 Eur per day, payable directly to the facility owner.