Aquasoma® for Pregnant Women -1, Valencia (SPAIN) 23-25/03 2024
AQUASOMA® FOR PREGNANT WOMEN COURSE DESCRIPTION
Aquasoma® during pregnancy
What happens during pregnancy? What specific needs do expectant mothers have and how do we meet them in an aquatic bodywork session?
In this specialization course for Aquasoma® and Watsu during pregnancy you will acquire specific training and learn new techniques to apply in aquatic bodywork with expectant mothers, as well as modifications of other techniques already studied in the Foundation module to specialise more closely with this type of client.
At the end of this course of Aquasoma® for pregnant women, you will be able to plan a safe, effective and comprehensive session for all mothers-to-be, focusing on restoring mobility to the most loaded or tense areas.
Main topics covered in this module
- Guidelines to work with pregnant women
- Differences between Aquasoma® and Aquasoma® for pregnant women.
- Flotation adjustments when working with a pregnant woman.
- Physical and emotional changes during pregnancy. Main and possible difficulties to be faced.
- Skin and touch.
- The effects of water.
- Stress and how Aquasoma® influences it. The polyvagal theory and its application in pregnancy.
- The mandible and its relationship with the pelvis.
- Massage techniques based on Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Specific parts of the body to avoid.
- Body work divided by area.
- In-person training: 20 hours
- Online training and self-directed activities: 13 hours
- Number of credits: 1,65 AECS
Blended learning: face-to-face training, online lessons and self-directed activities
– Aquasoma® Foundation
(Recommended: Aquasoma® Essentials Specialist certification)
Or alternatively one of the following seminars or certifications:
– Watsu 2.
- Jahara® Specialist (JS)
Or alternatively NOTE: if you think you do not meet all the above requirements, please comment on this in your application so that we can point you towards one of the following seminars or certifications:
Note on arrival and departure:We recommend that you arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the course in order to finalise your registration and familiarise yourself with the facility. The daily timetable for the course will be communicated to you on the first day (approximately every day from 9:00am to 6:00pm, with a lunch break).
We need all the hours, so please do your best to arrive on time and plan your return so you don't have to leave before the end of the course.
Recommended clothing: comfortable clothes for land classes.
What to bring:
- 2 swimming costumes, lycra cap, pool slippers, towel/bathrobe, plus shower and skin care products.
- One-litre to one-and-a-half litre plastic or metal water bottle.
- Mineral salts to help rehydration.
– Your training logbook, previous course manuals, notepad and pen.
– Your floats.
a) Cancellation or postponement (*) of your reservation can only be accepted upon written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 6 full weeks before the start of the course.
b ) Cancellation requested via email 6 or more full weeks before the start of the course: the deposit is returned less an administrative fee of €50.
c ) Cancellation requested between 6 and 4 full weeks before the start of the course: the deposit is returned minus €100 as management fee and penalty for late cancellation.
d) Cancellations given less than 4 full weeks before the start of the course do not give the right to any refund of the deposit.
(*) Postponement: If external circumstances prevent you from attending the course you have registered for, please note that your deposit can be transferred free of charge to a later edition of the same course.
In case of cancellation on our part (e.g. if the minimum number of students is not reached), the entire deposit will be reimbursed without further compensation or transferred to the equivalent module of your choice. If the course is postponed, the deposit will be refunded to the students who request it.
This private facility is at a 15-minute walk (1.2 km, 0.75 miles) from the La Canyada metro stop on the L2 line.
The L2 metro connects with the city center, the Angel Guimerà connection station (L1, L3, L5, L7, L9) and the Joaquin Sorolla AVE high-speed train station (metro stop Jesús).
11 km from the city of Valencia, exit 9A / 9B of the CV35 (9 km from the municipal limit of Valencia)
FROM VALENCIA AIRPORT (VLC):
It is recommended to take a taxi which takes 12 minutes and costs around 15-18 euros.
If you're on a budget, take metro L3 or L5 (the station is in the basement of the airport). Change to Angel Guimerà and take the L2 line towards LLiria. Get off at La Canyada. Enjoy a pleasant 15-minute walk to the door of the facility.
Valencia is Spain's third largest city. It offers many hotels, hostels, B&Bs and rooms to let for any budget.
You can definitely find something that suits you using Google Hotel Search, Booking.com, AirB&B or any other hotel search engine.
Make sure you choose accommodation close to any L2 metro station to make it easier to get to the course venue each day.
Places are limited to ensure that all participants receive the best personalised attention from the instructor.
Registrations are accepted in order of arrival. Registration is valid only upon receipt of payment and the Registration Form duly completed with all required personal information.
- Professional, highly effective -yet fun- instructors' teaching during course hours.
- Educational material (course manual, log-book and Aquasoma® video).
- Fee to use of all class related facilities.
- Certificate of participation issued by the International School of Watsu.
Travel, board and lodging costs (for details, see 'ACCOMMODATION' section).